Fathers Day Surprise!
I was so excited for Fathers Day this year. It was Joes second fathers day and Hinalei was actually big enough to make it a little bit more fun and I wasn't so tired like last year because she was still pretty brand new. We just did our own little family thing! I got up and did the Hale Alarms, then made pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs (all of Joes favorites)... set up a sign for Joe and then wheeled in his new bike!

He had no idea he was getting a new bike. I had been quietly saving for it because he had got rid of his old one in the move and even though he didn't say anything I know that he missed having a bike. He also started back and PCC and I know he would have wanted a bike to get around on, so the Thursday before Fathers day we took off to Wal-Mart with my friend Marta and brought him a fantastic yellow "Bumblebee - Transformer" bike. I loved it. We got it home and I hid it inside of the empty dorm rooms in the Hale.

I took a video of the whole thing, him coming out to eat breakfast and his bike right there but I forgot to tell him to put on something over his G's so yeah I can't post it - Sorry ;-).
I love Joseph. He is the Yin to my crazy Yan. He makes me smile each morning, sometimes we argue furiously but that only makes me love him more as I realize that we have really good communication skills. Sometimes he forgets things, but that just makes me realize he has a lot on his mind. Sometimes he is late from work but that just means he is doing more for our family. He was the best choice I ever made and I love being with him! Hinalei loves her dad so much, she will pick him over anyone in the room to be held or comforted by - does that make me jealous? Yes but I am grateful that they have such a wonderful relationship and I hope it always sticks! She loves to snuggle him and when he is at work she races to the door every time some knocks shouting - Joe! as if to say - Dads home! They love to sing songs together and I know one day they will do little performances for family. They are both such a joy to have! What a wonderful life!
I love my dad too but his Fathers Day is official in September for New Zealander so watch this space!